With the Custom Fields Manager, a user is able to create and configure custom fields for their needs. This allows the user to adapt the system to the users' company workflow. All custom fields are grouped by the Object Type, Job Type, and Channel Type. There are 4 object types: Location, Job, Work Order and Invoice. The job type option allows the user to configure the field to be displayed based on the job type and is therefore only configurable if the Job object type is selected. The channel type option allows the user to select the field to be displayed for either Chargeable, Billable or All Channel Types and will be configurable for all but the Invoice object type.
To create a custom field:
- Click on the “Create Custom Field” button
- Provide a name for the custom field into the “Label” field
- Select a “Field Type” (input type or available options must be provided based on field type)
- Select the “Object Type”
- Select the “Channel Type” (not configurable for the Invoice object type)
- Select the “Job Type” (configurable only for the Job object type)
- Optionally check the “Required” checkbox to mark the field as required
- Optionally check the “Make visible to technicians and contractors” (configurable only for the Customer and Job object types)
- Click on the “Save” button
The user can modify a custom field by clicking the “Edit” button and following the prompt. To remove a custom field click on the “Delete” button.